From: Jim Eichner [mailto:jim.eich...@xantrex.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 10:43 AM
To: 'POWELL, DOUG'; EMC-PSTC (E-mail)
Subject: RE: harmonic current on inverters for industrial uses in Japan

Hi Doug:  Please let me know what you find out on this.  I recently came
across a reference to inverters, in searching the JEITA site for harmonic
current limitation standards.  That didn't make sense to me:  an inverter is
a DC-AC converter that has no connection to an AC source and draws no
harmonic current.  The only thing I could think of is that maybe they were
on about harmonic content of the output, not the input.  If so, I hope they
are talking about voltage, because the harmonic content in the output
current will depend upon the nature of the load.

Jim Eichner, P.Eng.
Manager, Engineering Services
Xantrex Technology Inc.
phone: (604) 422-2546
fax: (604) 420-1591
e-mail: jim.eich...@xantrex.com
web: www.xantrex.com
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is
message.