I read in !emc-pstc that Gregg Kervill <gr...@test4safety.com> wrote (in
<004901c2a1ee$e45d66d0$7100a8c0@MENHADEN>) about 'Location of CE DoCs -
electronic copies' on Thu, 12 Dec 2002:
>There is a problem with  "..the reader is guaranteed to get the latest
>revision as stored in our Document Control system."
>
>The latest drawing has NO RELEVANCE WHATEVER to the CE Marking File. What we
>are required to record is the "As Built Standard" of the product tested - in
>terms of its Safety or EMC performance.
>
>It is for precisely this reason that UL/CSA/et al use specially written
>Product Descriptions to allow manufacturing follow-up inspection.
>
>Evaluation for safety (and EMC) relates to ONE PRODUCT (the type-test model)
>- if current production standard deviates significantly (in safety or emc
>terms) from that original type-test model then re-evaluation is required to
>limit potential corporate liability.

This is an exceedingly stringent and impracticable interpretation. Of
course, engineering changes are not prohibited, which is what seems to
be implied.

Due diligence can be demonstrated if each change is evaluated by a
competent person to *determine* whether re-testing (which can be limited
re-testing) is required or not. This is precisely the purpose of keeping
the technical file, which should record all such evaluations
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!