Gregg,

Your email, attached at the end, brings up an excellent point regarding how
compliance engineers track what was tested versus what we build.  But 4 quality
engineers and a 1.25M budget!!!!!!?????

I handle this by putting a table in my test plan which lists the part number
and revision of major parts and assemblies in the actual test sample.    One
man, one sheet of paper,  one day's work.  Can I get paid 1.25M for that?

Of course, I can't take all of the credit.  I have to rely on our existing
production system, which tracks Bills of Material and part revisions.   This
allowed me to create a snapshot of the test sample, as tested by only creating
the list of assembly numbers and revisions.  So, I'll only charge 0.5M.  Come
on! It's a bargain :-)

Chris Maxwell | Design Engineer - Optical Division
email chris.maxw...@nettest.com | dir +1 315 266 5128 | fax +1 315 797 8024

NetTest | 6 Rhoads Drive, Utica, NY 13502 | USA
web www.nettest.com | tel +1 315 797 4449 |