For the benefits of members of this discussion group, I thought this news might
be useful to this group.

After over half a years negotiation and bi-monthly high-level meetings, CNCA
China and SPRING Singapore (formerly Singapore Productivity and Standards
Board) finally signed the MOU on CCC regulated products.

>From Dec 1, 2002, all products under CCC rules can be certified in Singapore
>and sold in China without CCC certification. Vice verse, all CCC marked
>products can be sold in Singapore without PSB certification.

The restriction is the products must be made in either China or Singapore.

This is the first such MOU signed since CCC was implemented in May 2002.

Hope this helps.

Leslie

www.siemic.com