Brian:

The poor man's answer is as follows:

1. Garage or car parts emporium (battery top up water)
2. Hardware/building supplies shop
3. Tricky. Not widely available, but often used in disc drive head cleaners.
4. Tobacconist (it's basically lighter fluid).

If you order from a chemical supplier, you will need to know that Meths is a mixture of Methanol and Ethanol (20%/80% IIRC, but don't quote me on that) with trace additions of a colour and taste to make it undrinkable. See http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/ME/methylated_spirit.html for details.

IPA is these days formally known as 'Propan-2-ol' or 'Isopopanol'. Since Methanol is generally a pretty aggressive solvent (at least as far as inks and adhesives are concerned), I'd be surprised to find many common marking systems which will survive meths but are dissolved in IPA.

A rich man, or one looking to cultivate relations with his accreditation body, would probably contact one of the major chemical lab supplies companies (e.g. Merck), who I am sure will be delighted to provide any and all of the above to any level of purity you require, for a handsome fee!

Rgds

Nick.