From: Nick Williams [mailto:nick.willi...@conformance.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 3:50 PM
To: Tyra, John
Cc: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Re: Suffocation hazard

I've looked into this in the past, and there appears to be no
legislation. There is a guide to appropriate wording in BS 1133
section 21:1991 but, frankly, this falls far short of a useable
specification for safety markings on bags. Most retailers also want
to see perforations, and some specify a minimum thickness for film
used for bags for toys and child appealing products.

In the end we drafted our own spec. based on our experience with
major UK retailers and I'd be happy to mail you a copy (PDF, 20kb) if
you'd like.

Rgds

Nick.