Look at CISPR 16-1, Annex M for insight. This provides the basis for the
+/- 4 dB.

3 of the 4 dB is already measurement uncertainty with the remaining 1 dB as
site imperfections. However this MU does not
include the signal source or the repeatibility of the test procedure.

Bob Heller
3M Product Safety, 76-1-01
St. Paul, MN 55107-1208
Tel:  651- 778-6336
Fax:  651-778-6252

                      "KC CHAN [PDD]"

                      <kcc...@hkpc.org>        To:
emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
                                               cc:       (bcc: Robert E.
Heller/US-Corporate/3M/US)
                      07/17/2002 02:53         Subject:  NSA measurement and
its uncertainty
                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "KC CHAN [PDD]"

Hi all

I just got a tough question from our auditor about NSA and uncertainty.  He
asked if we will include the uncertainty into our Normalized Site
Attenuation measurement or not.

If we include the uncertainty of NSA measurement, it is impossible for us
to ensure it is within the +/- 4dB with 95% CL.

I would like to seek comment form the expertise if it is necessary to
include the uncertainty when we do the NSA measurement.

Thank you
KC Chan

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/