Everybody
I have read a number of papers on noise measurement but am still unsure
about the current standards we should apply when type testing industrial
products for compliance with the Machinery Directive. The products will only
be used indoors. Can you offer any advice?
Furthermore, as part of our production quality control procedures we run
products in a small sound chamber to identify those which may have
mechanical defects. Thus we would like to be able to "extrapolate" the type
test results to the production environment with the minimum of extra
measurement but maximum accuracy. Can you offer any advice on what
measurement techniques would enable us to do this?

Thanks

Ian Gordon

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/