Hello Group,

For EMC measurements (conducted and radiated emissions), electromagnetic
fields measurements (via antennas), what is the difference between using a
EMI Receiver or a Spectrum Analyzer??

Some guesses that I've been thinking are:

- The Receiver is more accurate than the Spectrum Analyzer, so it is more
suitable for EMC measurements that aim to respect the EMC standards.

- For measuring electromagnetic fields (eg electric field) for safety (human
safety standards for man-made electromagnetic fields, like ICNIRP) the
Receiver is suitable because it can give an accurate value to a particular
frequency that is being studied.

- The spectrum analyzer is "qualitative", i.e. it gives an idea of how the
spectra measured is distributed in the frequency range. The receiver is
"quantitative", i.e. it gives accurate amplitude for each frequency swept.

Well, I think this subject is very controversial, and it will generate a lot
of discussions, that will be good for us all.

Best Regards,

Muriel B. de Liz