Dear Pierre,

Based on some information which  have, the so called LILLY Tablets, are
(were !!!) manufactured by LILLY PHARMACEUTICAL.- under the name METHENAMINE
...(I hope I spelled properly)
[ The main field where these were used was the...carpet industry: flame
tests, and maybe...diabetes...!?!]. My understanding is that LILLY
discontinued this product since 1992 ...but UL did not change the Standards
after that....(:-)

I understood that almost each Pharmacy is able to make those tablets and if
the contents is the one that is specified within UL 6500 -
hexamethylene-tetramine - then, at the specified weight (150 mg), the
burning time will be approx 105 seconds...PLEASE TAKE this opinion with the
appropriate CAUTION....

You may try to find the "originals" in Europe as follows:

Central and Eastern Europe
Eli Lilly Ges.m.b.H.
Barichgasse 40-42
A-1030 Wien
Austria
Phone: 43-1-711-780

Western Europe
Eli Lilly Holdings Limited
Erl Wood Manor
Sunninghill Road
Windlesham, Surrey
GU20 6PH United Kingdom
Phone: 44-1276-483000

or, you may try to find another Manufacturer that was recommended by LILLY
in 1992:A+C American Chemical and /or Mallinckrodt...?!?

As far as I understood, this test was used within UL 1450 as well, and seems
to me to be an ASTM method...(I could be wrong). I am not convinced that UL
is performing this test on the regular basis, and I assume that they are
buying those tablets from ....Safeway...(:-)

Please disregard the jokes, the rest could be useful.

Respectfully yours,
Constantin

Constantin Bolintineanu P.Eng.
TEPG - DIGITAL SECURITY CONTROLS LTD.