Martin,

I believe they were saying Tesla (units of magnetic flux density)

1 Tesla = 10,000 gauss so 1 mTesla = 10 gauss

There is a relationship between flux density (B) and magnetic field (H) in A/m

B = mu H (Greek letter mu represents permeability of the material)

EN 61000-4-8 for power line magnetic field immunity testing is probably what your customer would like to see. This test is commonly done for devices using Hall effect transducers, coil transducers or which use magnetic field deflection techniques (CRT products)

best regards

Tom Cokenias

T.N. Cokenias Consulting    t...@tncokenias.org
P.O. Box 1086