Agree, worthwhile.

All the newspaper articles in the Career section of the newspapers say that
after being laid off to take off a few weeks, gain bearings, then look for
your new position.  I totally disagree.  I say take 20 minutes, shake your
head, and go for new places as agressively and thoroughly as if looking for
a position were the new job.

Usually, there are severance packages that allow for the following gap in
income.  Any reduction in that gap is "free" money.  Also, you maintain the
mental advantage of not needing the new position so you'll just have a
different attitude while you're looking, one of more power.

Years ago when I was hiring people, I always was more impressed with the
person who "hits the pavement" the next day, even better, the same day.
That makes them look like a self starter, agressive, *and* someone who
actually likes to work, wants to be back at work.

Just my two cents here.

                       - Robert -

       Robert A. Macy, PE    m...@california.com
       408 286 3985              fx 408 297 9121
       AJM International Electronics Consultants
       619 North First St,   San Jose, CA  95112