I read in !emc-pstc that John Juhasz <jjuh...@fiberoptions.com> wrote
(in <2a1845f4cde8d511b4400090279c703b938...@bctexc10.na.ilxi.net>) about
'ITE Class A vs B Emissions', on Tue, 5 Feb 2002:

>I believe the push to ensure Class B for other than
>'heavy' industrial,

'Push' is not the appropriate word. It is *established* in the Generic
Standards that Class B is for residential, ***commercial and light
industrial** environmentS (plural); in the process lumping all three
together as one homogenous EMC environment, which they certainly are
not.

>results from the fact that real estate
>is (or is becoming) a premium in many areas in
>Europe and you find 'light' industrial directly in a residential
>environment. This is even apparent within many metropolitan
>areas in the U.S.

Indeed, that is the reason why the three environments were lumped
together, but it is an over-simplification. For example, if John Doe
complains that he can't listen to his radio at work, he will probably be
told that he doesn't come to work to listen to the radio, but to search
for pictures of ladies on the Web. (;-)
After swimming across the Hellespont, I felt like a Hero.
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!