I read in !emc-pstc that Patrick Lawler <plaw...@west.net> wrote (in
<jk9g5ugvng02meh8ftttd7aebojbvfs...@4ax.com>) about 'Is there an
immunity spec complement to the EN61000-3-3 flicker emissions spec?', on
Wed, 30 Jan 2002:
>In a recent posting, someone commented on the possiblity of 'flicker' emissions
>(controlled by EN61000-3-3) causing a disturbance in 'victim' equipment.
>
>Would EN61000-4-11 (Voltage dips, short interruptions and voltage variations)
>be
>an immunity spec complement to EN61000-3-3? Or is EN61000-4-14 (Voltage
>fluctuations) more appropriate?

They are complementary.

>What is the difference between the two?

Section 11 deals with disturbances of three types of voltage/time
characteristic. Section 14 deals with disturbances of a fourth type.

Of course, unless the relevant EMC product standard calls up section 11
or 14, you do not need to consider them.
After swimming across the Hellespont, I felt like a Hero.
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!