The situation with the two setups for harmonic measurement was solved, and
the problem was quite simple ...
The resistance of the cables used with the watt meter was 0.25 ohms .
Enough to reduce the harmonics sufficiently.
Not using the appropriate cables was a basic mistake... but I am happy to
have learned another detail that makes difference in an EMC test.

Thanks for all that replied my mail.

Günter J. Maass
Researcher - Power Electronics Development
EMBRACO S.A.

                      "Robert Macy"

                      <m...@california.com>         To:
<gunter_j_ma...@embraco.com.br>, <emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org>
                      Sent by:                      cc:

                      owner-emc-pstc@majordo        Subject:  Re: Harmonics
measurement instrumentation
                      mo.ieee.org

                      22/01/02 18:06

                      Please respond to

                      "Robert Macy"

Hmmm...measured with a current meter, then measured with a wattmeter and
got
different answers....Harmonics out of phase? contain no power?

                    - Robert -

       Robert A. Macy, PE    m...@california.com
       408 286 3985              fx 408 297 9121
       AJM International Electronics Consultants
       619 North First St,   San Jose, CA  95112