HI all,

I have a question regarding performing conducted emissions on a wall mount
power supply.
When looking at EN 55022 test setup it shows EUT on tabletop with 80 cms from
EUT to AMN and bundled cord between AMN and EUT.
If you where testing a wall mount power supply does anyone feel that the
specification supports letting you put an extension cable between wall mount
power supply and LISN to meet this setup.   In essence the question is, Does a
wall mount power supply have to be tested plugged directly into the LISN.

By  inserting the cable between supply and LISN you are adding inductance and
results are a few dB better.  Also you could argue that wall mount supply
should be plugged into LISN to replicate actual usage.
I know that I may have answered my own question but am interested if anyone
else believes putting "extension" cord between LISN and wall mount supply is
reasonable.

As usual colleagues,  thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Sandy Mazzola

Santo Mazzola
Regulatory Engineer
Symbol Technologies Inc