All,

I've had at least three requests for sources on bulbs and possibly more
requests on the way.  So I'll reply to the group instead of individually.
By the way, oven, refrigerator, garage door, and drop light bulbs did not
work for me.  They were rugged use but apparently not rugged enough.  In
fact, I thought about buying some of these traffic signal bulbs for my own
use in the shop at home.  Also forget looking into those special life-time
guarantee deals you sometimes see by mail order.  All they do is rate the
bulb for 130V and count on enough people not cashing in on the guarantee to
make a profit.

A couple of makers are ITE, GE Lighting & Sylvania.  Ask specifically for
incandescent traffic signal bulbs.  The ones I am using are the GE
Watt-Miser 135W, 120V, 7000 Hr Traffic Signal bulb.  I got them through a
local electric supply house, not at the local hardware/lumber stores like
Home Depot.  If you use the following link and replace the string "12345"
string with your actual zip code you should get a nice list of local places
who might be able to help.

http://www.google.com/search?sa=X&oi=fwp&pb=f&q=electric+12345

Although I've not done it, you should also be able to order online:

http://hhlightinginc.com/traffic.htm
http://www.electriciansupplies.com/index.cfm/S/21/Traffic_Signal_Light_Bulbs
.htm
http://www.eriklighting.com/product.asp?lc=5&sc=96
http://www.mmlights.com/trafficsignal.html
http://www.urbantransport-technology.com/contractors/surfacing/luxram/

I attached a photo of one of my bulbs.  As you can see, it has a standard
envelope size and screw-in base, it fits most light fixtures.  These lamps
feature 5 filament support wires, a heat deflector inside the envelope, the
base has special high temperature glue and 95% krypton gas (inert).

Right now I have a similar request in for the same type of lighting but this
time in a spot or flood light configuration.  We'll see what turns up.

-doug

This message, including any attachments, may contain information
that is confidential and proprietary information of Advanced
Energy Industries, Inc.  The dissemination, distribution, use
or copying of this message or any of its attachments is
strictly prohibited without the express written consent of
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc.