From: Ken Javor [mailto:ken.ja...@emccompliance.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 9:16 AM
To: Jim Conrad; m.bushn...@ieee.org; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Cc: Jim Conrad
Subject: Re: RTCA document vs. IEC 60601-1-02

I think you mean 25 dBuV/m, but regardless of the number, it is not
a direct
comparison to CISPR because

a) the DO-160 EUT-antenna separation is 1 meter, not 3 or 10 meters,
and

b) the test is performed without an antenna height search, and

c) the EUT is fastened to a metallic ground plane, and EUT-attached
cables
are mounted directly above the ground plane, which reduces emissions
relative to a CISPR test set up.

----------
>From: "Jim Conrad" <jc...@shore.net>
>To: <m.bushn...@ieee.org>, <emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org>
>Cc: "Jim Conrad" <jc...@shore.net>
>Subject: RE: RTCA document vs. IEC 60601-1-02
>Date: Tue, Oct 29, 2002, 6:48 AM
>

> I'm not sure if DO-199 or 233 has EMC requirements but I am very
> interested if you come with any.  IEC 62A/MT 23 is in the process
of
> amending 60601-1-2 for medical equipment  used in the aircraft
> environment.  We have based our requirements on the environment
> specified in DO-160.  In general, the DO-160 requirement for RE
are
> higher than CISPR except in the communications and navigation
> frequency bands.  For example, RE dips to 25 uV/m in the 100 - 150
> MHz band for category II equipment.  Please let me know if you
find
> anything in DO-233 that might alter our assumptions.  Thanks.
>
> Jim

Electronic