EMC Folks,

I would like to append a somewhat related question to that of Kim Boll Jensen.
My question involves the PTTs . . . do they, like the US-based regulated
telephone companies possess anything like a "utility exemption" from mandatory
product labeling.  The practice in the US has been that the telcos have enjoyed
an exemption from the National Electric Code for central office wiring and from
FCC Part 15 labeling for equipment, employing instead industry standards such as
NEBS.  Do the PTTs have a similar exemption, i.e. do they deploy equipment that
is not CE-marked?

Regards,

Scott Baer
--