Gary -

IEC60825-1 uses units of energy, energy/unit area, power and
power/unit area (regardless of any "special" names
associated with them) rather than candela or lumens, which
are typical for simple LEDs.  You'd need some formula to
convert the units to those compatible with IEC60825-1.
However, you might also want to look into IEC TS60825-6,
Safety of Laser Products - Part 6: Safety of Products with
Optical Sources, Exclusively Used for Visible Information
Transmission to the Human Eye.

A Technical Specification doesn't hold the same sway as a
standard, but it is a useful reference for indicator LEDs.

Regards,

Peter L. Tarver, PE
Product Safety Manager
Sanmina-SCI Homologation Services