From: richwo...@tycoint.com [mailto:richwo...@tycoint.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 3:00 PM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: IP Rating and EN60950

I would like someone to explain to me why EN60950 does not normative
reference EN60529. While the latter is referenced in the OJ, the scope of
the standard seems to indicate that it is a basic standard to be referenced
in product standards. The scope says, "It will remain the reponsibility of
the individual Technical Committes to decide on the extent and manner in
which the classification is used in their standards and to define
'enclosure' as it applies to their equipment.

Richard Woods
Sensormatic Electronics
Tyco International

     Dave Heald:               davehe...@mediaone.net