Several years ago I was called in to debug a chamber that had spurious emissions
whilst turning the table. Naturally, everyone accused the tt manufacturer but
after
several hours of frustrating dead ends, it turned out that the small amount of
vibration caused by the tt was causing the floor tiles to move and shift ever so
slightly. This was enough for small amounts of static charge to develop and
discharge causing the emissions in the chamber. Once this was ascertained,
grounding
the floor tiles eliminated the problem. We used copper tape under every tile
folded
over till the tile manufacturer came in with a permanent solution which included
spring fingers. These metal lined tiles were for a false raised floor for
cabling
and a/c and not the ferrite types.

--- David Spencer <dspen...@oresis.com> wrote:

> Hi Arno,
> John gave you the short answer...the MFG should have installation
> instructions.  In all of the installation I have been party, there is a grid
> of copper tape laid down in the conductive adhesive.  This keeps the
> adhesive from getting excessively resistive over large areas.  Surface
> resistance tests run anywhere from 100k-400k ohms when it's all done.  Note
> that if you are installing relay racks or metal benches that you can run
> into ground loops.
> Have a Great Day,
> Dave Spencer
> Oresis Communications

=====
Best Regards
Hans Mellberg
Regulatory Compliance & EMC Design Services Consultant
By the Pacific Coast next to Silicon Valley,
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
408-507-9694

http://sports.yahoo.com/