Both solution are valid.
In the R&TTE you can find an article said that at your choice you can demonstrate the conformity to the essential requirements 3.1b
using the procedure of the EMC directive if applicable.
I don't suggest this, for me, complicate way two declaration two documentation.......... You can demonstrate the compliance of the equipment to the essential requirements 3.1a using HS listing on the OJ under the R&TTE directive or under the EMC directive this is clearly wrote on the note of the OJ:
NOTES:
1. In addition, standards published under Directives 73/23/EC and 89/336/EEC may be used to demon-
strate compliance with Articles 3(1)(a) and 3(1)(b) of Directive 1999/5/EC.

And make only one DoC for the R&TTE directive using the standards of the EMC.

But I don't understand the reason to use the standard of the EMC directive for a R&TTE equipments.

Ciao
Paolo