From: Fred Townsend [mailto:f...@poasana.com]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 3:03 PM
To: John Woodgate
Cc: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: BeCu problem

John, tubes are like vacuum deposition chambers. I have difficulty believing
that
a fancy form of carbon would be of any use in molded structures, HV, or
HVAC.
These conditions are all found  in radar tubes.

Also, thanks to Greggs comment about fancy screw drivers, I remembered that
BeCu
screw drivers, wrenches, etc. are used by the military in explosive
environments
because of their no sparking characteristics.

Fred Townsend

John Woodgate wrote:

> I read in !emc-pstc that Fred Townsend <f...@poasana.com> wrote (in
> <3e3a35fb.6ecc...@poasana.com>) about 'BeCu problem' on Fri, 31 Jan
> 2003:
> >BeO has seven times better thermal conductivity than AlO (alumina).
There is

http://www.jmwa.demon.co.uk