I read in !emc-pstc that richwo...@tycoint.com wrote (in <846BF526A205F8
4BA2B6045BBF7E9A6A04675BB4@flbocexu05>) about 'EN55022:1998 and telecom
ports' on Thu, 30 Jan 2003:
>EN55022:1998 defines telecommunication ports as " Ports which are intended
>to be connected to telecommunications networks (e.g. public switched
>telecommunication networks, integrated services digital networks), local
>area networks (e.g. Ethernet, token ring) and similar networks."
>
>Since "similar networks" are included, it would seem that dissimilar
>networks are excluded. What distinguishes a similar network to a dissimilar
>network? What are some examples of dissimilar networks that are not
>included?

Yes, well, CISPR/F (responsible for the underlying CISPR 22 standard)
should have a *functioning* editing committee with enough experience and
insight to weed out such phrases. List of examples are always
troublesome in one way or another, and in any case MUST not be
'unterminated', by ending in 'etc.' or 'and similar', etc. (;-)
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!