From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of John Woodgate
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 8:43 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: IEC vs. EN

I read in !emc-pstc that Sam Wismer <swis...@acstestlab.com> wrote (in
<001001c2b8c4$7df00d20$0b01000a@sam>) about 'IEC vs. EN' on Fri, 10 Jan
2003:
>    Case in point:  EN 61000-4-4 Amd. 2 DoW for the superseded standard
is 7/04
>    however EN55024 calls out IEC 61000-4-4.

No, it only appears to. Because it's a clone of CISPR 24, its Normative
References clause refers to IEC standards. But Annex ZA (not very
clearly) replaces those references by the corresponding EN.

>  Is IEC 61000-4-4 amd. 2 in force
>    now and should it be used now when EN55024 is the applied standard?

No. The EN transition period applies. Industry cannot work with
standards that come into effect instantaneously and without prior
notice.
http://www.jmwa.demon.co.uk
Interested in professional sound reinforcement and distribution? Then go
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/