Thank you for all the comments on the listserver-
based service versus the web-based service.

The IEEE listserver WILL continue.

I apologize for not being clear on this point.

We started with listserver service.  However, the
listserver does not satisfy all of the needs of
our subscribers.  So, we supplement the listserver
with a web service.

Some of our supplemental needs:

1.  Archive of listserver messages, with a search
    function.

2.  A means for providing papers that cannot be
    sent via the listserver due to size limitations.

3.  A means for announcing local chapter activities
    without sending the notice worldwide.

4.  A means for selective messaging (to eliminate
    non-pertinent messages from your inbox).

5.  A means for providing papers of both general
    interest and highly-specialized interest.

6.  A means for reporting IEEE EMC Society and
    emerging Product Safety Society activity.

7.  A means for threaded discussions.

etc.

The ideal scheme would include all of this in a
single integrated scheme.  As explained in my
this capability.

Both the listserver service and the web-based
service provide discussions.

Therein lies the problem:  Two discussion groups,
with no connection between them.

The listserver discussions are readily transmitted
over all forms of connections.

The web-based discussions are largely impractical
for slow (telephone) connections.

We recognize this.

For the moment, we have two discussion services.
Your usage of each will influence how we will
resolve the two discussions into one.  Or maybe,
separate, user-selectable discussions based on our
broad topics of EMC, safety, telecom, wireless, etc.

I welcome your comments and suggestions!

Best regards,
Rich

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/