Hi Rich,
I have used this approach where ever I have worked, and it works well. I
have found that there is another factor that must be present for this to
work though. It is called honesty and trust. The inspector must be
confident that you are being honest and working with in their interest, not
trying to pull the wool over their eyes.  In most cases, the same indvidual
is the regular inspector, so it is possible to build up that relationship.
Once this is established, then in case  of a minor administrative
variation, the inspector is then unlikely to impose a stop ship, unless it
is an obvious safety hazard. This does vary with individuals though, but
that doesn't lessen our responsibilty.

Regards

Doug

Rich Nute <ri...@sdd.hp.com>@majordomo.ieee.org on 02/18/2003 07:52:49 PM