I can explain to you a system that we use that UKAS seem to be happy with.

We made up a grid out of square section plastic drainpipe.  Four lengths
across and two uprights, with nylon bolts joining them together.  This
arrangement makes the calibration quicker to do and basically negates
any discussions about placement that you might get if you tried to position
the probe for each point seperately.

Luke Turnbull

>>> "Gordon,Ian" <ian.gor...@edwards.boc.com> 02/11/03 11:07am >>>

Everybody
We have a Holaday 4433 HSE field strength probe and would like to use this
to establish an area of uniform field in the manner described in
EN61000-4-3. This requires that the field is levelled   at up to 16 points
at 0.5m spacing over an area of 1.5 square meters. However, the standard
does not give any tolerance on the spacing of the probe. Does anybody have
any experience with interpretation of this requirement by assessment
authorities egg UKAS?

Ian Gordon

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the WorldCom Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.worldcom.com