Ghery Pettit wrote:

>> shall be fitted with ferrite clamps placed on the floor <<

Well, darn.

Unfortunately, I am not right now in a position where I can procure or look
at standards.

However...  I am disappointed that the writers took the route they did. I
thought we were moving away from running cables across the ground plane
where we could avoid it, and here they require we do so. I am not really
surprised, but while putting a clamp on the floor is the simplest way to
add the controlled impedance and attenuation required, it is only _one_ way
to provide it. Putting clamps under the floor might actually permit more
repeatable measurements and could be just what was needed for "harmony." I
suppose someone will have to perform a series of measurement to SHOW the
Commission that clamps do not give manufacturers an edge in passing
radiated emissions testing.

Of course, if it turns out that clamps DO help pass, we're back to two
different tests.

Regards,

Cortland