The recent string with the subject "OK, what's going on?"
alleges that a named manufacturer's product does not
comply with a requirement.

We feel that, in the case of a negative or derogatory
comment or allegation (in this case non-compliance), the
manufacturer (or individual) should NOT be named.

We take this from the good manners adage, "If you can't
say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Similarly, we feel that our subscribers should not
publicly announce (read threaten) in this forum that
they intend to "turn in" non-compliance to regulatory
authorities.  Rather, we suggest that any alleged
non-compliance matters should first be brought to the
attention of the manufacturer -- privately.

We're all friends in this group.  We help each other
with various technical problems.  Non-compliance is a
technical problem for which there are several solutions,
fix the product, fix the standard, or fix the measurement.
In arriving at a solution, please don't denigrate a
colleague or a manufacturer (or anyone else, for that
matter!).

If you want to discuss this matter further, please do
so off-line.

Best regards,
Richard Nute
Co-administrator, IEEE emc-pstc listserver.