From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of
richwo...@tycoint.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 9:32 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Fire Retardants

If a plastic containing a fire retardant is subjected to high heat (for
example, due to a overheated component) for an extended period of time (many
hours or several days), is it possible that the fire retardant in the
plastic will outgas sufficiently to decrease the flame rating of the plastic
in the heated area?

Richard Woods
Sensormatic Electronics
Tyco International