De: k.macl...@aprel.com [mailto:k.macl...@aprel.com]
Enviado el: martes, 22 de abril de 2003 19:37
Para: atorreci...@cetecom.es; rlinf...@sonicwall.com;
emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Asunto: RE: Certification process for 802.11B Singapore, and New
Zealand?

Dear Alejandro -

FYI, our clients have been asked by the Singaporean authorities to provide
SAR test reports, not just declarations - this is why they have requested
testing from us.  This has been for devices such as laptops, handhelds,
etc., etc.

Obviously, for wireless devices which do not operate in the reactive
near-field (eg. access points which are over 20 cm away, etc.), SAR would
not normally be applicable (MPE applies instead).

Kind regards,
Kate

Kathy M. MacLean
President, APREL Laboratories
-EMC-RF Safety-Antenna Design/Test-SAR/MPE-SAR/Near-Field
Tools-Acoustics-Wireless-
51 Spectrum Way, Nepean, Ontario K2R 1E6
(613) 820-2730 fax (613) 820-4161
cell (613) 791-3777
Web site:  http://www.aprel.com - watch for our new web site coming soon!