According to the Commission/TCAM web site
http://europa.eu.int/comm/enterprise/rtte/tcam5.htm#tcam5_3

TCAM has determined that it is sufficient to provide with the product the
following RTTE Declaration in the multiple official languages as long as the
real DoC is available at a web site.
"Hereby, [Name of manufacturer], declares that this [type of equipment] is
in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions
of Directive 1999/5/EC."
TCAM has provided the statement in the 11 official languages of the EU;
however, what is missing are the official languages of Iceland and Norway
(EFTA members) as well as the languages of the 10 new member states to be
added next May.

Perhaps some persons in this forum could save us all a lot of effort and
translation costs by providing accurate translations of the above statement
in the following languages:

Icelandic
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Polish
Slovak
Slovene
Estonian
Latvian
Lithuanian
Turkish (note 1)
Maltese (note 2)

(1) The Turkish speaking part of Cyprus is not presently included in the EU
membership agreement, but may be included in the future if a political
solution is implemented (i.e. there will be only one Cyprus); therefore, it
is prudent to plan ahead and include the statement in the Turkish language.

(2) English is also an official language, but I have not been able to
determine if it is legally sufficient to provide the statement in English
only. Unless this can be determined, I plan to include Maltese.

Anything the group can provide would be appreciated, but I would ask that
persons refrain from offering translations if they are not sufficiently
competent in the language. Thanks in advance,

Richard Woods
Sensormatic Electronics
Tyco International