From: Alexandru Guidea [mailto:gui...@cae.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 6:47 PM
To: 'emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org'
Subject: reinforced insulation - EN60950

Dear colleagues,

As part of a PCB design required to be compliant with EN60950, we want to
use the configuration described below, to be able to relax the traces
separation. The circuit intended to become SELV is accessible to the
operator.

Questions:
1. Is the combination of Basic Insulation + Fuse&Transorb(15V) equivalent to
Reinforced Insulation?
2. Does the transorb have to comply with a specific EN safety standard (like
one applicable to Y caps)?

Thanks,

Alexandru Guidea

CAE Inc.