Doug,
In researching the book that I am writing for Kluwer, Robust Electronic
Design Reference, I ran across the following booklet:
    Lund, Preben, How to Design Printed Circuit Boards for UL
    Recognition.  Westlake Village, CA: Bishop Graphics, 1983.

In my manuscript, I discuss UL Recognition of PCB's on pages G-15 and
G-16.  Basically, a UL Recognition Card ("Yellow Card") issued by UL to
a printed circuit board (PCB) vendor covers:
*  The laminate, conductor, soldermask, surface finish, and legend
   materials to be used, and acceptable alternatives.
*  The vendor's manufacturing process.
*  The design rules to be followed, including:
   -  Minimum trace width for "Midboard Conductors".
   -  Minimum trace width for "Edge Conductors".
   -  Minimum annular ring on vias and plated-through holes.
   -  Maximum Unpierced Area.
   -  Maximum operating temperature.
   -  Minimum thicknesses for base laminate, C-stage laminates, B-stage
      laminates, and finished PCB's.
   -  Conductor thickness.

If you would like a deeper understanding of what a "94V-0" rating
represents, I suggest you read
    Grand, Arthur F., and Wilkie, Charles A., Fire Retardancy of
    Polymeric Materials.  New York: Marcel Dekker, 2000.

                John Barnes KS4GL, PE, NCE, ESDC Eng, SM IEEE
                dBi Corporation
                http://www.dbicorporation.com/