From: lfresea...@aol.com [mailto:lfresea...@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 2:16 PM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Re: Source of noise

Hi All,

Thanks for the great replies!

looks like the PCI bus is the problem.. But here's the quandry..

Now we are adding the cards back in, they should add little to the profile,
correct? After all, they all have the CE mark on them, and some have the FCC
sticker too.

This is not happening, in fact some emissions are quire strong.. I've also
noticed that the Power supply is letting the PC noise out. I opened the power
supply ( bang goes the warrenty ), and there is the minimal of filters.. Are
the power supplies tested individually to carry the agency sticker?, with a
real PC? or just load resistors? Are they designed to suppress the PC noise?

Cheers,

Derek N. Walton
Owner L F Research EMC Design and Test Facility
Poplar Grove,
Illinois,  USA
www.lfresearch.com