Hi All,

recently I posted about my tribulations with a noisy motherboard.

I was testing with just the bare minimum of components, which included cards
in the slots. For grins I loaded up the PCI slots with cards, and the system
got quieter. Note, there were no cables, just the cards plugged in. And yes,
the back panel holes were covered when the cards were not in. :-)

This is an older MB, with ISA slots too. I have no cards for these. Could they
be ringing, and causing the few spikes I have left? If so are there dummy
loads I could plug in the slots to damp the ringing? The same board has
multiple uses......

Also noted that adding the keyboard dramatically adds to the emissions, the
mouse not so much. The Fe bead on the cable doesn't help much...

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

Derek N. Walton
Owner L F Research EMC Design and Test Facility
Poplar Grove,
Illinois,  USA
www.lfresearch.com