From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of D.Han
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 4:20 PM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: R&TTE for Medical Devices?

Hi All,

I would appreciate your thoughts on the following scenario:

Company A designs a medical product that incorporates a wireless device, lets
say, a wireless PCI card. The wireless card is manufactured by Company B and
has been evaluated to the R&TTE directive and thus CE-marked. This wireless
card is installed in the end medical product, unmodified and according to
manufacturers instructions.

Company As name goes onto the end product, but Company Bs name, markings,
labeling etc. remain on the wireless card. Would Company A need to consider
R&TTE (in addition to the MDD) for their end product? If yes, what additional
testing would this encompass?

Thanks!

Del

  _____