Reminder:

Ken Thomas <ktho...@productsafetyinc.com>
08/15/2003 15:26
To: <list>
Subject: Chicago PSTC Meeting Announcement

Please  see  the attached for information on our next meeting.  Guests
are  welcome.   Please  ask any guest to RSVP so that we can make sure
we have enough seats and refreshments. Hope to see you there!

Check out our new web page at  http://ewh.ieee.org/r4/chicago/pstc/
(Thanks go out to Ron Borowski at QTI)

Best regards,

Ken Thomas
Chair - Chicago PSTC

IEEE's PRODUCT SAFETY TECHNICAL COMMITTEE -- CHICAGO CHAPTER
Date: Thursday, September 25, 2003

Place: TUV Rheinland of North America
1945 Techny Rd.,  Unit 4
Northbrook, IL 60062

Time: 5:30 - 7:30pm
Please let us know if you plan on attending so we can plan accordingly.
Visitors or new members are welcome to join us.
RSVP:   Ken Thomas  - 630/238-0188 (cell - 630-330-3525)
        mailto:ktho...@productsafetyinc.com

Agenda Items
   1. Review of Meeting Minutes from Previous Meeting
   2. New Issues/Concerns
   3. Chicago PSTC Web Site
   4. Presentation -- See description below.
      Presentation starts at 6:00PM.

Presentation: CCC -- Chinese Compulsory Certification

As  of  Aug 1, 2003 of this year a new Compulsory Certification system
was  implemented  in China.    This system will be reviewed and topics
covered  will  include identification of which products are  affected,
the  process  to  obtain certification,  the  Agent Role in CCC  cert-
ification  and  the  Organization  and Structure behind  CCC  and  its
adoption.

Presenter: Jonathan Kotrba -- TUV Rheinland N.A.

Jonathan  has 13 years experience in the product safety field  working
for Underwriters Laboratories and TUV Rheinland.   He is presently  an
Engineering Group Leader for TUV Rheinland  and has recently served as
International Certification Manager for TUV Rheinland of North America.

Jonathan  assists  applicants  obtain  world-wide  certifications  and
approvals  for  their products, while advancing TUV Rheinland of North
America's  accreditation  and  certification  programs.   In addition,
Jonathan  serves on several working groups within the CB scheme and is
a  Peer  Assessor  for  the  IECEE.   Jonathan's  most recent speaking
engagements  regarding  Chinese Compulsory Certification occurred this
year  with  the  US Department of Commerce  in  Illinois,  Indiana and
Wisconsin.

Special  thanks  to TUV Rheinland of North America  for sponsoring the
meeting site and Intertek Testing Services for sponsoring the evening's
refreshments.