Hi Group,

May I first of all thank all of you who contributed to my query. As always I
got a very comprehensive response from obviously a very experienced and
talented bunch. I have also contributed more information through other
sources. I have to admit that I did not realise the complexity of getting,
what looks like a simple ITE product, Approved for worldwide useage.

I have attached the Matrix, duly modified. There are still a few oustanding
items and it is never too late for someone to try and provide more
information. I feel this document will require several modifications,
including a back-up text to further explain the applicable standards dates,
before it is considered complete but lets see what transpires. If you have
any disagreements with the updated Matrix, please feel free to contact me.
Eventually, I am sure the Matrix will help many members of this group.

Further Questions
1. It seems it would be better to have the products tested against CISPR22
Class B as this would cover all the countries, particularly the ones listed
on this Matrix, one stop test and fee (Countries are Self Declaration or
Verification)?
2. Similarly, it would seem that it would be better to have the products
tested against IEC60950 with the Country deviations and obtain a CB Report,
as this would cover all the countries, particularly the ones listed on this
Matrix, one stop test and fee! For USA/Canada I could use this CB Report to
help gain UL/CSA 60950?
3. No Ethernet nor USB standards to meet (Regulatory or non-Regulatory)?

Notes:
I decided to leave out the various dates from the Matrix so that I could
simplify it for my Quality Group (I will have the information and it will be
myself who will need to get the Approvals actioned anyhow!).

Kind Regards
Alex McNeil
Principal Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)131 479 8375
Fax: +44 (0)131 479 8321
email: alex.mcn...@ingenicofortronic.com

Title: ITE Approvals Matrix (for small low power products)