I can't quote chapter and verse, but common sense says you would use a
measurement antenna that measures what the transmitter is transmitting.
Unless you are in the far field, which isn't going to happen, the field will
be either dominantly electric or magnetic, depending on whether a rod or
loop transmitting device is used.  The measurement device should mirror the
transmit device at the transmit frequency.  If you are making out-of-band
measurements, say in the AM band, then it is trickier.  Your test antenna
should model the presumed victim antenna.  But automobiles use an
electrically short rod, and most portable radios use a magnetic device.
What you use will depend (standard requirements aside) on what the victim of
interest happens to be.