From: lfresea...@aol.com [mailto:lfresea...@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 2:47 PM
To: Tyra, John; santo.mazz...@baesystems.com; marti...@appliedbiosystems.com;
emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: Regulatory Plan

In a message dated 10/22/2003 1:42:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
john_t...@bose.com writes:

I don't know what type of product you are trying to put a plan together for
but I would highly recommend you get a CB certification and report for the
products especially if you are planning to sell in the Far East. The CB
certification will help you with Singapore, Korea, China approvals and limit
the amount of retesting................

I would have to disagree with the involvement of a CB unless there was a
REQUIREMENT to do so..

Instead, invest your resources in understanding and complying with the
harmonised standards aplicable to your Product.

Derek N. Walton
Owner, L F Research EMI Design and Test Facility
Poplar Grove,
IL 61065