From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 2:01 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: NEMA ratings

I read in !emc-pstc that GARY MCINTURFF <mcinturff3...@msn.com> wrote
(in <bay5-dav31v5punsipz00003...@hotmail.com>) about 'NEMA ratings' on
Fri, 3 Oct 2003:
>How
>about the European IP ratings - owned (meaning you have to submit to
>some specific organization) or attested to through testing.

IP ratings are not involved directly in regulatory matters at all, so a
manufacturer simply states the ratings of his products. Of course, false
claims are subject to the basic legislation about false advertising etc.

Incidentally, IP ratings are not 'European'. They are the subject of an
international standard IEC 60529.

http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!