From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 30 September 2003 20:46
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: EN 50083-2

I read in !emc-pstc that Colgan Christopher [Soundcraft UK] <Christopher
.col...@soundcraft.com> wrote (in <8B639EA607AFD311901D00062938706307102
75D@SCFTUKX1>) about 'EN 50083-2' on Tue, 30 Sep 2003:
>    CDNs are not that difficult to make yourself.  I made several types
>    using tinned copper sheet for the case - it is easy to cut, bend
>    and solder.  The standard gives you the dimensions and component
>    values, just use normal RF techniques such as keeping lead lengths
>    to a minimum.

Diecast boxes work well. The problem with using home-made CDNs for
compliance testing (as opposed to pre-compliance) is proving that they
do what the standard says they shall.

http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!