I think there are a couple other effects here.  The lid projection below the
lip of the box forces some of the radiation to be reflected and the rest to
take a right angle bend to get in the box.  I don't know how to quantify
those effects, but they exist.  Another effect is quantifiable, you have
increased the length of the path the radiation takes between lid and box.
The lid and box and fasteners form a waveguide.  Below the waveguide cutoff
frequency, there are simple equations that predict the loss.  There is even
an equation that predicts the sum total shielding effectiveness of an array
of slots, such as you get in honeycomb, or a long lid/box seam interrupted
by fasteners.

If you really wanted to quantify the attenuation due to the bend, you could
probably get a feel for it by looking at waveguide design, looking at the
relationship between bend radius and vswr.