In a message dated 11/11/2003 3:51:21 AM Central Standard Time,
david.cole...@racalinst.co.uk writes:

My company designs and manufactures ATE systems and components for the
Military, Aerospace and Functional test markets. Often what we are supplying
is just an interface adapter (IA) that sits between another suppliers ATE
and the customers unit under test (UUT).

Hi David,

I faced this problem while at a previous employer. The stand we took, rightly
or otherwise was:

If the ATE was used on board the Aircraft, or even on the apron around the
Aircraft, we applied DO-160 ( or similar ).

If the ATE was used in the buildings, or at some other site, we employed every
EN we could find applicable. I have to admit this was before harmonics and
Flicker, but we applied the LVD because of the 400 Hz in the box.

Cheers,

Derek N. Walton
Owner, L F Research EMI Design and Test Facility
Poplar Grove,
IL 61065