EN 61000-3-2 is not a basic standard. It is a product family standard (says
so right in the standard plus it is listed in the OJ, basic standards do
not show up in the OJ).

Chris has a point, since 61000-3-2 is a stand-alone product family standard
(all equipment 16A and under), it is not necessary for anything else to
call it up.

Bob Heller
3M EMC Laboratory, 76-1-01
St. Paul, MN 55107-1208
Tel:  651- 778-6336
Fax:  651-778-6252

                      "Barker, Neil"

                      <Neil.Barker@e2vtechno       To:       "'Colgan
Christopher [Soundcraft UK]'" <christopher.col...@soundcraft.com>
                      logies.com>
emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org

                      Sent by:                     cc:

                      owner-emc-pstc@majordo       Subject:  RE: EN
61000-3-2:2000
                      mo.ieee.org

                      11/11/2003 05:37 AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Barker, Neil"

Chris,

EN55103-1 is a product family standard, which takes precedence over generic
standards, and must therefore make reference to all Basic Standards that
are
applicable to equipment within its scope. You will also find that
EN61000-3-2 is called up by the generic standards such as EN61000-6-3.

Best regards,

Neil R. Barker C.Eng. MIEE MIEEE MSEE
Manager
Compliance Engineering