From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 14 September, 2002 8:09 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: EN 61000-3-2:2000

I read in !emc-pstc that rehel...@mmm.com wrote (in
<ofd47a064b.f63246cb-on86256c32.00321...@mmm.com>) about 'EN
61000-3-2:2000' on Thu, 12 Sep 2002:

>Clause 6.2.3.1 (page 13) of the above standard talks about "repeatability".
>Does this mean that the harmonic tests must be repeated a certain numbers
>of times or is repeatability used to determine or shorten the test
>observation period?

Repeatability is used to determine the length of the test observation
period. There is NO need to repeat measurements. There may be a proposal
to clarify this officially.

>Also in Table Z1 (clause 6.2.4, page 14), what is the type of equipment
>behavior called out as "quasi-stationary"?

Equipment whose harmonic emissions vary with time only to an
insignificant extent. The 'quasi-' recognizes that it is very unlikely
that there would be absolutely no variation with time.
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!