Hello Everyone,

I have read on this list and have been told by TUV that the lower limits for
the voltages of products which fall under the Low Voltage Directive may be
eliminated so that low voltage products would now fall under that directive.

On the Europa website I read an LVD Working Document, dated 7/13/01, that
there were two proposals:

1. Delete the lower limit and introduce risk assessment similar to the
Machinery Directive........
2. Leave the limits as is but add an annex to include certain low voltage
products, lighting system, household appliances, TV/Radio etc....

I found a Working Guide for the LVD dated 3/7/02 which  showed that there are
countries which favor one or the other proposal while the UK favored no
change..

Does anyone have any new information or can point me in the direction which
would give me a more recent an update of this proposal? I am very interested
in where this proposal is heading..............

Thanks in advance for your help..........

Regards,

John Tyra
Product Safety and Regulatory Compliance Manager

Bose Corporation
The Mountain, MS-450
Framingham, MA 01701-9168
Phone: 508-766-1502